Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Photo Evidence

This blog has been severely neglected since it was started earlier this semester.  I have seen article after article urging students to clean up their social media accounts.  Yesterday I was on my Facebook page just scrolling through and I saw a post that was a clear no-no in my book. 
1. Why would you ever complain about your employer online?
2. Why would you call out someone at your place of employment?

I think that this was out of line and completely unprofessional. I know of multiple employers that scan your social media before hiring.  Can you imagine a current employer searching through and finding this?  I am sure you would be canned immediately and that there would be no positive recommendations coming from them.
I understand that internships are generally a lot of grunt work and usually meaningless tasks such as picking up coffee and making copies for countless meetings but think about the connections you are making and the things you are seeing.  I have interned for multiple different places and had both good and bad experiences but I have found a positive out of everything that I have experienced.
My call to action is STOP POSTING negative things (especially about employers!)!  Have you ever posted something like this or seen someone you know post something like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment